Beautiful traditional Tuscan farmhouse located in a panoramic, secluded location, with an amazing swimming pool and lovely patio areas both near the house and pool in the area of Pescaglia – about 15 km from Lucca.
This property offers the opportunity of being a lovely family home or a rental activity.
There is a stone barn which could be converted into further accommodation, after obtaining the necessary permissions.
Under half an hour’s drive from Lucca and under an hour from Pisa airport, with easy access, this property is ideal under many aspects.
The house has recently been completely re-painted both internally and externally.
The property is on three levels:
– Two cellar rooms: one cellar has the wood/pellet boiler for the central heating and hot water (during the winter months), and a reserve water tank of 650 lt. The second cellar is mainly for wood storage
– Entrance hall with marble stairs leading to the 1st floor. Exposed chestnut beams over the stairs.
– Sitting room with wood burning stove,
– Dining room with (non-functioning) fireplace
– Eat-in kitchen
– Spacious double bedroom
– Bathroom with shower
– Small storage area under the stairs
– 3 Double bedrooms (one with walk-in dressing area)
– Family bathroom with walk-in shower
– Storage room. This room could be converted to a 3rd bathroom if so required, after obtaining the necessary permissions.
– Large terrace, through the french door from the landing. Lovely private area for breakfast or late evening drinks.
– There is a pull-down ladder on the landing for access into the loft area and onto the roof.
Hot water is supplied by solar tubes on the main roof.
Central heating, via radiators, with a dual-system, wood and pellet boiler- also for the hot water in the winter months.
All windows are double glazed and have aluminum shutters
Roofs on both the house and stone barn have been insulated.
Stone barn, on two levels:
Semi-basement: good size workroom and a second storage room
Ground floor: tavern room with three windows, currently used for storage. Cotto floor tiles and working fireplace.
Second smaller stone barn with exposed chestnut beams, currently used for storage. This is attached to the other barn.
Outbuilding on two levels, which is currently used for storing garden furniture etc and garden equipment and wood below (lower part is open on two sides).
Two further stone buildings which were originally a chicken house and the laundry!
– Land of approximately 4.6 hectares – of which there is a terraced olive grove with about 80 olive trees, rough grass areas totaling about 1 hectare and woodland.
– Beautiful swimming pool (16m x 7.5m, depth 1.5m) with roman steps at one end. Spacious sunbathing areas at both ends of the pool, with a large pergola (jasmine, wisteria, and honeysuckle). Two large mulberry trees offering natural shade at each end of the pool. Pergola walkway (vines) leading to the pool.
– Two pergola areas by the house. One pergola area (approx. 6m x 4m, with jasmine & kiwi plants) has lovely views over the surrounding countryside and hills. There is a bbq to one side of this patio.
– The other pergola area (approx 6m x 3m) is more protected at the rear of the house and has abundant jasmine plants covering it.
– First-floor terrace, approx. 4m x 4m, a french door from landing.
– Areas to the rear and both sides of the house, all paved for easy maintenance.
– Large parking area, with space for more than 8 cars.
– Double metal gate to the property, with pine tree avenue and gravel road leading to the parking area below the house.
5 km Nearest shops
15 km Bagni di Lucca (thermal spa)
22 km Lucca
44 km Pisa airport